India registers 8,603 new Covid-19 cases, 415 deaths in last 24 hours
Latest News Kerala | Kasaragod News | Kannur News | Mangalore News | National News | Gulf News | English News
1. India has registered 8,603 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, 6.7% lower than yesterday. It brings the total caseload to 3,46,24,360.
2. 415 deaths were reported in the country due to Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, increasing the total reported death count to 4,70,530.
3. Top five states which have registered maximum cases are Kerala with 4,995 cases, followed by Tamil Nadu with 711 cases, West Bengal with 608 cases, Karnataka with 413 cases, and Mizoram with 315 cases.
81.85% of the new cases are reported from these five states, with Kerala alone responsible for 58.06% of the new cases.
4. Maximum deaths were reported in Kerala (269), followed by Maharashtra(100).
5. India's recovery rate now stands at 98.35%.
A total of 8,190 patients have recovered in the last 24 hours, which brings the total recoveries to 3,40,53,856 across the country.
6. India's active caseload stands at 99,974. In the last 24 hours, active cases decline by 2.
7. India has administered a total of 73,63,706 Covid-19 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, which brings the total tally of doses administered to 1,26,53,44,975. A total of 12,52,596 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.